Navigation

2016-12-14

Ponyville

My daughter's collection of My Little Ponies has been growing steadily over the years and for Christmas I wanted to make her a Ponyville of her very own.

my little pony ponyvill diy wood set

The woodworking side of it was straight forward. 1x's were used for the base and 1/4" plywood was used for the backdrop. 

my little pony ponyvill diy wood set

After I cut all of the rectangles I ran the 1x's through my table saw in multiple passes to create a gap to receive the background piece.

my little pony ponyvill diy wood set

I then found a lot of MLP themed images and imaged corrected them so they all had similar colors/theme. 

I printed them out and Mod Podged them to both sides of each base and each backdrop piece. This meant that she would have 16 base images and 26 backdrops to play with creating many fun combinations.

my little pony ponyvill diy wood set

I also created a few intentional matches for some of the pieces to make it feel like the ponies were on a set.

my little pony ponyvill diy wood set

Here the pink and purple pony are visiting the white pony. (Sorry fans I don't know too many of their names)

my little pony ponyvill diy wood set

And here is one (Rarity) visiting a friend who loves to read.

my little pony ponyvill diy wood set

Taking a long walk around Ponyville.

my little pony ponyvill diy wood set





No comments:

Post a Comment