Navigation

2012-06-11

Review - Sound Machine

I'm a light sleeper and for as long as I can remember I've slept with a fan running in the room. Without it the sound of the sheets shifting is enough to keep me up longer than I care for. Then once I fall asleep a pop of the duct work is all it takes to bring me back to consciousness.

Fans are fine but they are the last thing you want if you are already cold or the air is very dry. They move around dust (could be an indicator of my housekeeping skills?) and eventually the motor burns up or the fan falls over and needs replaced.

A few years ago I bought this gem, Dohm-DS Dual Speed Sound Conditioner. A small simple portable sound machine where you can change the speed and pitch of the device to create an ideal/consistent sound. I prefer the slower setting of the 2 speeds since the faster one is a little too loud for my liking. I noticed there is a single speed model but it only has the faster speed.
Dohm-DS Dual Speed Sound Conditioner Review

It technically is still a fan but a very small one that moves very little air since it's mostly enclosed. This thing has worked for me so well I'm ordering one for my daughter. She currently has a digital sound machine but an accidental push of the wrong button sends us running into her room at midnight when the alarm goes off.

The beauty of this device is that it does one thing, it's a white noise device and a good one at that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment