I had a couple specific updates on counters and range hoods but it's time for an official update on Kitchen Renovation 2.0!
Since my last full update you can see quite a bit has changed. For the biggest change it is now actually usable!
- Soffit extension over the range.
- Drywall work on wall, soffit, and ceiling is now complete.
- Penny tile backsplash is up awaiting grout.
- Countertops are large and in charge.
- Second pendant light is hung.
- Removed old ceiling mounted light.
- Built/installed a rangehood.
- Painted wall and trimwork.
- Built Norah a mini kitchen (foreground).
- New runner for the floor.
I still have a long list of tasks to take on but think I may take a break for a couple months and recover from the last few months.
- Crown molding around top of soffit?
- Demo pantry and rebuild bigger and more organized.
- Convert base cabinet to pull out trash/recycling bin.
- Panel the back side of the island.
- Build new doors for the existing upper cabinets.
- Final coat of paint on walls/ceiling.
- Under-cabinet lighting?
- Storage/bench area by back door to serve as a "mud room" like space.
- A couple stools for the island.